1. Why did I receive an advertising letter from you?
We send ad letters to consumers who we determine from court records or public information, may have a defense to the lawsuit against them filed by a debt collector or a counterclaim against the debt collector. In such cases we typically can represent you and shift the cost to the creditor or debt collector.
2. Who should consider using your legal services?
While we are happy to talk with you about any credit issue or debt collection problem at no initial charge, we may be able to represent you and shift the cost to the collector or creditor in the following circumstances:
• If you have a judgment against you from debt buyers such as Midland Funding, LLC; Asset Acceptance LLC; Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC; First Resolution Investment Corp.; Convergence Receivables LLC; Cavalry SPV I, LLC.
• If you are being pursued for a credit card debt by a company who is not the original creditor and not a bank.
• If you are being pursued for a credit card account that has been closed five years or more.
• If you are being charged more than 8% interest for a credit debt of less than $15,000 by a company who is not the original creditor and bank.
• If your bank account or your pay check is being garnished by a company or lawyer/law firm who was not the original creditor.
• If you have false, negative information being reported on your credit report.
• If you have unauthorized credit inquiries (credit pulls) on your credit report.
3. I paid off a judgment and it is still showing on my credit report as unpaid or with a
balance due. Can you help me get it updated?
Yes, we have very good success in getting judgments that are satisfied updated AND this also may give you a claim against the credit bureau that we will represent you at no cost to you.
4. I’m a Kentucky resident, and I just got served with a lawsuit saying that I owe a debt.What should I do? Can I do anything?
If you have been served with a lawsuit, you have twenty days from the day you receive the copy of the lawsuit to file a written answer with the court and to send a copy of your answer to the attorney who filed the lawsuit. The court will not “set a court date” for you to appear before the judge to plead your case (Kentucky courts don’t work that way). It’s also not sufficient simply to call or write to the attorney who filed the lawsuit. If you don’t file a written answer with the court, you are at risk of having a default judgment entered against you, which will allow the person or company suing you to attach liens to your property and garnish your bank accounts and wages.
Contact us as soon as possible to review the complaint against you and to determine what defenses you may have.
You have questions, and we have answers. For helpful information, reach out to a member of our team.
see all >
Fix Credit Report Errors
Your credit score is the most important pieces of information in your financial life. Your credit score is directly determined by the information on your credit report. Fix your credit, raise your score, improve your life.
Debt Collector Abuse
Are you being harassed by debt collectors? We can give you peace of mind. We can help you rest easier by ending debt collector abuse and harassment. We regularly sue debt collectors and defend lawsuits brought by predatory junk debt collectors.
Collection Lawsuit Defense
If you’ve been sued, you have to fight back. Doing nothing won’t make the problem go away. It will only make things worse and lead to garnishments, liens, and added fees and costs. We can fight for you, and often at no cost to you for our attorney fees.